This theme is translation ready and contains “.pot” translation file with all theme strings. Thanks this, translation can be pretty simple and ends with only few steps:
- Download Poedit Translations Editor and install it on your local computer,
- Open Poedit and select “File” – “New Catalog from POT / PO file”,
- Select the “ueldo.pot” theme file (this file is included to theme and can be found in “_assets/_languages” directory),
- A box will pop up asking for language of the translation – select your language,
- Click “OK” and Poedit will name automatically your file – for example, if you choose Spanish (Spain), file name will be: “es_ES.po”,
- Save the file on your local computer, and start the translation.
One it’s done, you can upload your translation file into “_assets/_languages” theme directory. After that, go to “Settings” page in your WordPress admin panel, choose your language and save changes – your website should be available in your new language then!
Loco Translate plugin
You can also try to use this amazing plugin to make your translation via your WordPress admin panel. This plugin also comes with helpful tutorials which can be very helpful in getting your website translated into any selected language.